Restore us, O God… vs 3
Restore us, O God of hosts… vs 7
Restore us, O Lord God of hosts… vs 19
Can you see how the plea for restoration becomes more personal with each request? As if the psalmist is saying, “I know who you are, Lord.” “I know what you are capable of doing on my behalf.”
I began thinking of the brokenness of this world and how all of us are pleading for restoration of some kind. And I was reminded that the Lord is over it all.
• The Lord can restore your joy (Psalm 51:12.)
• The Lord can restore your soul (Psalm 23:3.)
• The Lord can restore your health (Psalm 41:3.)
• The Lord can restore your fellowship with himself (Psalm 60:1.)
• The Lord can restore your spirit (1 Peter 5:10.)
• The Lord can restore double what has been lost (Zechariah 9:12.)
• The Lord can restore your finances (Psalm 126:4.)
• The Lord can restore whatever (dreams, relationships, finances, health, hope, joy, etc) that the world has taken (Joel 2:25.)
Whatever you are mourning the loss of today – pray to the God who restores.
You are loved.