- When you’re tempted to say “Go play” to your children, choose to say, “Come here.”
- When your long and lanky almost 10 year old wants to sit in your lap – you let her.
- Sit in the bathroom floor during bath time, even if the kids are big enough to do it on their own.
- Look people in their eyes.
- Make sure you smile.
- Never pass up an opportunity to talk to your children.
- Read, read and read some more.
- Tell your kids family stories – like the time their grandpa, as a kid, fell in the family outhouse.
- Bake something.
- Be silly.
- Dance in the living room.
- Play a board game.
- Go through old family photos.
- Roll the windows down and turn the radio up.
- Put down the camera.
- Remember: If you didn’t put it on Facebook or Instagram, it still happened.
- Be intentional about living.
- Take note of the beauty in your every day. Count your blessings.
- See yourself in light of your Maker and not your mistakes.
- Laugh out loud.
- Embrace grace – for others and for yourself.
- Leave your phone at home.
- Sit at a coffee shop and people watch.
- Write a letter.
- Take the time to really see the people around you.
- Don’t worry about crumbs in the floor and piles of dirty laundry – there will come a day when your home is clean and quiet and you will be kind of sad.
- Don’t stop dreaming.
- Plan a vacation.
- Stop and listen to the sounds of life around you.
- Breathe deeply.
- Hug someone.
- Step away from the computer.
- Celebrate something every day.
- Take a walk.
- Sit on a swing.
- Drink something hot.
- Don’t forget how to play.
- Take pictures – but make sure you are actually in some of the photos.
- Invite someone into your home.
- Sing out loud.
- Keep traditions alive or begin new ones.
- Be creative.
- Be grateful.
- Keep your word.
- Be a forgiver.