🎉 Download your copy of the new Journal With Me – Proverbs! This new book includes spiritual insights, opportunities for personal reflection, and sample journal pages.
👉 How did Esther show wisdom in approaching the king?
• She exercised restraint (v 2)
Esther waited for the king to bring up her request.
• She showed humility (v 3).
She began with, “If I have found favor…” This also served as a reminder to the king that she had, in fact, always been in his good graces.
• She made a personal appeal (v 3-4).
My life, my people, we, I and my people – this made sure the king was aware that his queen was personally affected.
• She played to the king’s weakness – his obsession with self (v 4).
This showed that Esther had insight into what would matter to the king.
👉 Two things about anger and hatred…
- Anger and hatred will blind a person to the potential fallout of his/her actions (v 5-6). In his haste to harm the Jews – Haman unknowingly threatened the life of the queen.
- A person’s anger and hatred of others will reap unpleasant consequences in his/her own life (v 10). Haman was hanged on the very gallows he had built out of his hatred for Mordecai.
Happy Thursday, friends!