Y’all knew this chapter was coming, didn’t you? Seals, horses, and devastation – oh my.
Remember – the scroll from the previous chapter was sealed with seven seals. In this chapter, six of them are opened.
👉 Seal One:
• revealed a white horse [don’t be fooled by the white horse – the following verses make it clear that this rider leaves war and devastation in his wake]
• rider had a bow and was given a crown
• came out conquering and to conquer
👉 Seal Two:
• revealed a bright red horse [this rider doesn’t bring anything – but he takes peace from the earth]
• rider permitted to take peace from the earth
• rider was given a great sword
👉 Seal Three:
• revealed a black horse
• rider held a pair of scales [this rider holds a pair of scales to show that food and resources must be weighed and rationed – indicating a time of scarcity]
👉 Seal Four:
• revealed a pale horse
• rider’s name was Death
• given authority over 1/4 of the earth [Jesus spoke of this time in Matthew 24:21]
👉 Seal Five:
• reveals, under the altar, the souls of those slain for their testimony
• the souls cry “how long”
• the souls are given white robes and told to rest until the number of those slain was complete
👉 Seal Six:
• a preview of the the destruction of the first heaven and earth
Oh, it’s getting good now.
👉 If you’re reading along – tag me on your post or story – I’d love to see your insights!