👉 The Dangers of Pride
- it leads to a false sense of security (v 3-4)
- it blinds us to insincere allies/friends (v 7)
- it causes us to trust in false wisdom (v 8 )
- it tricks us into relying on man’s strength ( v 9)
👉 Things We Take Pride In
- worldly wisdom
- physical ability/ appearance
👉 To stand by while our brother hurts or is mistreated makes us the same as the one hurting or mistreating him (v 11).
👉 Do not (v 12-14):
- gloat over your brother’s misfortune
- rejoice over your brother’s ruin
- boast in the day of his distress
- gloat over his disaster
- loot his wealth
- harm the survivor
👉 You reap what you sow (v 15).
👉 The Promise (v 19-21)
The exiles (those who lived as wanderers, sojourners, foreigners) will one day possess the land. Those who longed for home but did not have it shall make a home in the promised land.
You are loved.