2 Thessalonians 3:1-17
👉 Paul’s Prayer for Himself, Silas, and Timothy
- that the word of the Lord may speed ahead of them and be honored
- that they would be delivered from wicked and evil men
👉 Paul’s Reminder to the Church
- the Lord is faithful
- the Lord will establish you
- the Lord will guard you against the evil one
👉 Paul’s Warning to the Church
- keep away from any brother who walks in idleness
- keep away from any brother who does not walk according to the traditions
👉 Paul’s Prayer for the Church
- the Lord would direct their hearts to the love of God
- the Lord would direct their hearts to the steadfastness of Christ
👉 Paul’s Final Instructions
- work quietly
- earn your own living
- do not grow weary in doing good
- have nothing to do with a disobedient brother
I love Paul’s simple and direct way.
Don’t do that.
I couldn’t help but notice the issue of idleness (v 6, 7, 11). These words were written to the church – notice the warning regarding “any brother” who walks in idleness.
Paul seems to be telling the church to get to work. They seem to have become busybodies but not busy with the things that matter.
I think he would say the same thing to us today.
Get busy loving.
Get busy serving.
Get busy forgiving.
Get busy sharing the truth that sets men free.
Get to work, church.
Happy Monday. You are loved.