2 Thessalonians 2:1-17
👉 The Thessalonians were:
They were being told the Lord’s return had already taken place.
The source of the lie was unknown:
- a spirit?
- a spoken word?
- a forged letter?
“Let no one deceive you.”
👉 The day will not come unless:
- the rebellion comes first
- the man of lawlessness is revealed
👉 The Man of Lawlessness
- the son of destruction
- opposes God
- exalts himself against every god and object of worship
- takes his seat in the temple of God
- proclaims to be God
- is currently being restrained
- will be easily defeated when Jesus returns
- Satan is behind him
- false signs and wonders
- wicked deception
God will allow those who refused to love the truth to believe what is false.
👉 Paul’s Encouragement to Believers
- you are beloved by the Lord
- you are chosen by God
- you are sanctified by the spirit
- stand firm
- hold tight to what you were taught
We must know truth. The Thessalonians had been taught; Paul had already told them these things (v 5). Sometimes, we need a reminder, right?
Know it well.
Be so familiar with the truth of God that the lies of the enemy are glaringly obvious.