2 Thessalonians 1:1-12
👉 The Church
- faith growing abundantly
- love for one another increasing
- steadfastness and faith
- all in the midst of persecution and affliction
The faith and love that the people showed even in the midst of suffering was evidence of God at work in them (v 5).
We have all seen it in someone. A person walks through unspeakable tragedy and keeps their faith – and we know – it was God at work in them. The world is watching when we suffer. They want to know if the words we have spoken in the good times prove true in the bad times.
👉 When the Lord is revealed from heaven:
- he will repay with affliction those who afflicted
- he will grant relief to those who were afflicted
- he will inflict vengeance on those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of Jesus Christ
👉 Jesus will come to be:
- glorified in his saints
- marveled at among all who believe
👉 Paul’s Prayer
- God would make them worthy of his calling
- they would have a God given resolve to do good
- they would have lives marked by works of faith
You are loved.