👉 Recipe for Cleansing Ash
- red heifer without defect
- given to Eleazar the priest
- slaughtered outside camp
- Eleazar would sprinkle some of the blood toward the tent of meeting seven times
- heifer shall be burned
- cedar wood, hyssop, and scarlet yarn added to the fire
- the priest (Eleazar) is unclean until evening
- a man who is clean then gathers the ashes of the heifer and deposits them outside the camp in a clean place
- the ashes are kept to be mixed with the water for impurity
- this will be a sin offering
- the one who gathered the ashes is unclean until evening
It’s a messy, multi person job – the dealing with sin thing.
👉 Dealing with Dead Bodies
- whoever touches a dead body is unclean for seven days
- shall cleanse with the ash/water on the third and seventh day
- whoever does not cleanse himself is cut off from Israel
- anyone who enters a tent where someone has died is unclean for seven days
- anyone who touches a dead body in an open field is unclean for seven days
👉 The Use of the Ash Water
- someone who is clean must sprinkle the water on the one who is unclean
- the person who sprinkles the water will be unclean until evening
The sacrifice of all the “clean” people on behalf of the unclean – it’s such a beautiful picture of the sacrifice Christ made – the clean for the unclean.
You are loved.