👉 The Lord spoke to Moses (v 1)
👉 Two Silver Trumpets
- made of hammered work
- for summoning the congregation
- for breaking camp
- both are blown to gather the whole congregation
- one is blown to gather just the chiefs
- short, alarm type blasts are the the call to set out
- one long blast is the call to assemble
- the trumpet was the sound of war and of worship
👉 Israel Leaves Sinai
The people had been in Sinai for almost a year. They have been receiving the rules, finding out how to set up and break down camp, learning when to go and when to stay – all the things.
Now – the cloud lifts – the ark moves – and the people set out as they have been commanded to do. This is what they have trained for, people. Moses sets out with all the false hope of a parent at the beginning of a long road trip with littles.
The camps set out just like they have been commanded. I love that the presence of the Lord – the ark – goes before the people seeking a resting place for them. Even before the people have begun the journey – the Lord is preparing a resting place for them. That is the kindness of the Lord.
Happy Monday, friends. You are loved. ♥️