👉 The Lord spoke to Moses
- v 1, 5, 23
👉 Aaron was to set up the lamps in the tent of meeting.
- light = God’s presence
👉 Preparing the Levites for service
- Moses was to take them from among the people and cleanse them by sprinkling them with the water of purification
- they were to then shave and cleanse themselves and their clothes
- take a grain offering and a sin offering
- bring the Levites before the tent of meeting and gather the whole congregation
- the people shall lay hands on the Levites
- Aaron shall offer the Levites in service to the Lord
- the Levites will belong to the Lord
👉 The Role of the Levites
- to do the service for the people of Israel
- to make atonement for the people of Israel
👉 The Retirement Plan
- age 25-50: the Levites shall come to do the duty in the service of the tent of meeting
- age 50 and up: shall minister by keeping guard but shall do no service
Isn’t it just like God to have it all planned out? I love that there was an age where the Levites stopped doing the work – which made room for the younger generation to serve – but still had a role in honoring the Lord. Rest but still respect.
I love God’s Word.