👉 The Lord continued to speak to Moses (and Aaron).
v 1, 17, 21
👉 The Levites were given the responsibility of transporting everything related to the tent of meeting.
The tasks were divided among the tribes of the sons of Levi: Kohath, Gershon, and Merari.
Sons of Kohath:
- responsible for the most holy things
- Aaron and his sons would put the most holy things on carrying frames
- sons of Kohath were to carry the things but not touch or look on them even for a moment
Sons of Gershon
- were to carry the curtains, screens, hangings,cord, all equipment
- under the direction of Aaron’s son, Ithamar
Sons of Merari
- were to carry the frame of the tabernacle with its bars, pillars, bases
- were to carry the pillars from around the court, all the equipment and accessories
- under the direction of Ithamar
👉 There were 8,580 Levite men between the ages of 30 and 50. These were the men responsible for carrying everything related to God’s dwelling place any time the people of Israel moved camp.
Each man (v 49) was given his task of serving or carrying.
♥️ They were assigned the “service of ministry and the service of bearing burdens.”
I couldn’t help but think that – as God’s chosen and set apart people today – this is also our assigned task.
Just something to meditate on as we go about our Mondays. ♥️
You are loved.