👉 Ishmael’s Betrayal (v 1-3)
- of the royal family
- chief officer of the king
- ate bread with Gedaliah
- killed Gedaliah and all with him
Ugh. There we have it. Johanan had been telling the truth.
👉 The Next Day (v 4-10)
- Ishmael kills more people
- the dead are thrown in a cistern
- ten men are allowed to live
- those not killed are taken captive
👉 Johanan (v 11-18)
- had warned Gedaliah about Ishmael
- heard about what now happened
- took men and went after Ishmael
- the captives are freed
- Ishmael escapes
- Johanan hides near Bethlehem
This is some serious drama, y’all. If we read Scripture and find it boring – we are missing it. These are real people with real stories and – if their stories are recorded in Scripture – there is a reason.
What is going to happen to Johanan?
Stay tuned… (or keep reading 😉).