👉 Jobs friends have acted as if they alone are wise (v 2). But Job reminded them of two realities that he had experienced.
- Sometimes the righteous suffer (v 4).
- Sometimes the wicked are at peace (v 6).
👉 All of creation knows that the Lord is in control (v 7-10).
• has wisdom, might, counsel, and understanding (v 13)
• withholds and sends water (v 15)
• strength, sound wisdom, the deceived, and the deceiver are all his (v 16)
• is greater than counselors, judges, kings, and priests (v 17-19)
• makes and destroys, gives and takes away (v 23-24)
♥️ Job was in great pain – both physical and spiritual. Yet, I love how – though sometimes he seemed tempted to doubt – he always came back to basic truths about God. In the midst of pain and suffering – we must preach the gospel to ourselves – remind our hearts of the greatness and goodness of God.
You are loved.