Because of all that was true about God (see chapter 9), the people enter into a “firm covenant” with God.
👉 The People of the Covenant:
• Nehemiah and other leaders (v 1-13)
• chiefs of the people (v 14-27)
• priests, levites, gatekeepers, singers, servants, all who had separated themselves, all with knowledge and understanding (v 28)
👉 The Details of the Covenant:
• entered into an oath to obey God’s law (v 29)
• would not intermarry with the people of the land (v 30)
• would honor the Sabbath (v 31)
• would give a yearly contribution to support the house of God (v 32-33)
• arranged for the giving of wood for the sacrifices (v 34)
• promised firstborns and first fruits (v 35-36)
👉 The Essence of the Covenant:
• “We will not neglect the house of our God” (v 39).
Have a great day, friends. ♥️