The work was complete and it was time to worship.
👉 The Worship Service
• The people all gathered and Ezra brought out the Scripture (v 1).
• Men, women, and all who could understand assembled (v 2).
• Ezra read from the Scripture from early morning until mid day (v 3).
• The ears of all the people were attentive (v 3).
• Ezra stood on a platform with a group of leaders (v 4).
• The people stood for the reading of God’s Word (v 5).
• The people prayed and worshipped (v 6).
• The leaders helped the people understand the law (v 7).
• The Scripture was read and explained clearly (v 8 ).
• The people were moved to tears by the reading of the law (v 9).
• Worship brings awareness of sin, conviction, and repentance but should also lead to joy (v 10-12).
Do you see how the ability to gather was a gift? How the hearing of the Word was an honor?
Now, that is a worship service I would love to have attended. May we gather with the same gratefulness and listen with the same attentiveness tomorrow.
You are loved.