👉 For a thousand years:
• Satan will be bound (v 2).
• Satan will not be able to deceive people (v 3).
• The faithful who died come to life and reign with Christ (v 4). [This reminded me of 2 Timothy 2:12.]
• This is the first resurrection (v 5).
• Over these individuals – the second death has no power (v 6).
👉 After the Thousand Years:
• Satan will be released (v 7).
• Satan will again deceive the nations and gather for battle (v 8 ).
• Satan will surround the damp or saints (v 9).
• God will consume the devil and throw him into a lake of fire (v 10).
• great white throne (v 11)
• first heaven and earth has passed away ( v 11)
• the dead – great and small – stood before the throne and books are opened (v 12)
• the dead are judged by what was in the books – according to what they had done (v 12)
• sea, death, and hades give up their dead (v 13) [second resurrection]
• anyone whose name was not in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire (v 15) [second death]
👉 The fifth blessing of Revelation:
Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection (v 6).
I can’t help but meditate on Paul’s words from 2 Timothy 2:1-13.
[Instagram is calling me too wordy – so I can’t share it all here. But read it.
Here is the thing, friends. There is no resurrection apart from death. Many would desire to reign with Christ who were not willing to share in his suffering.
I don’t know what you are struggling with today. But – I give you the words of Paul – written as he was bound with chains like a criminal for proclaiming the gospel.
“Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead” 2 Timothy 2:8.
And I give you the words of John …
“I saw the souls of those beheaded for their testimony of Jesus…come to life and reign with Christ” (Revelation 20:4)
And, again, dear Paul…
“For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us” Romans 8:18
Good things are coming. Glory things are coming. Don’t give up.