Now, it’s getting exciting, y’all. We get a glimpse into heaven. ♥️
• a throne stood in heaven with one seated on the throne (v 2) [God’s presence, authority, and reign]
• he who sat on the throne had the appearance of jasper and carnelian (v 3)
• around the throne was a rainbow with the appearance of an emerald (v 3) [a reminder of God’s covenant with man]
• around the throne were 24 thrones and seated on them were 24 elders with white robes and crowns (v 4) [ 12 tribes of Israel + 12 apostles]
• lightening and thunder from the throne (v 5)
• before the throne: seven torches of fire [the Holy Spirit] and a sea of glass like crystal (v 5-6)
• on each side of the throne: four creatures full of eyes in front and behind (v 6)
• four creatures: lion, ox, man, eagle (v 7)
• four creatures: six wings, full of eyes, always praising (v 8 )
• when the creatures worship, the elders fall down and cast their crowns before the throne (v 9-11)
👉 Heaven is filled with ceaseless praise.
“Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come.” (v 8 )
“Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.” (v 11)
I love that the creatures, the cherubim, the elders – are all unified in their praise of the only One worthy. No divisions or denominations. No self promotion or self righteousness. All have a singular focus.
Won’t it be beautiful?