The third church, Pergamum, is now addressed.
👉 The church:
• dwelt where Satan’s throne is [it’s a very pagan area with many temples to false gods]
• some held fast to Christ’s name [despite living in the midst of such ungodliness believers, like Antipas, were still remaining faithful even unto death]
Some, however, were holding to false teachings associated with Balaam and the Nicolaitans. We saw in Revelation 2:6 what Jesus thought of the ways of the Nicolaitans.
👉 For those who conquer:
• some of the hidden manna [the true bread from heaven as opposed to the false teachings]
• a white stone [used in that time to indicate acquittal, victory, or invitation to a banquet]
• a new name [a name known only by God and the one to whom it is given]
👉 When we view Revelation – not as a mystery – but a message for us – and when we take it verse by verse – do you see how it isn’t as overwhelming as you may have thought?
You are loved. Happy Sunday.