Lessons from The Rich Ruler
- Jesus is not just “good teacher” – he is God (v 18-19).
- The ruler wanted to “do” something in order to deserve eternal life (v 18).
- The ruler knew and had spent his life trying to keep the commandments (v 20-21).
- Jesus revealed that it was a person’s heart and not their habits that marked them as disciples (v 22).
- The sacrifice to follow Christ is great (v 23).
- Jesus acknowledged the difficulty but also, with God, the possibility of following him (v 27).
- Those who sacrifice much in this life for the sake of Christ will receive “many times more” in this time and eternal life in the time to come – blessings now and then (v 30).
You are seen and loved.