I read recently that we have become a culture that praises the art of multitasking when what we were called to is singleness of heart.
We have exchanged devotion for distractions. When I read this passage, I saw all the things that we allow to distract us from our devotion to Christ.
- Being focused on the show instead of the substance (v 43)
- Being uber focused on ourselves (v 46)
- Being focused on how God may be using someone else (v 49)
- Being focused on the critics and the naysayers (v 54)
- Being focused on worldly concerns (v 60-61)
Where is our focus tonight? What have we allowed to distract us from the cause of Christ?
You are loved.