1 Corinthians 12
Again, with the divisiveness within the church body! Y’all, there is a reason this personal letter from Paul to the believers in Corinth is in our Bible.
When I was in elementary school, I had this teacher that would always say, “It takes all kinds to make the world go round.” In other words, God made us all unique and he did it on purpose and it’s the way it’s all supposed to work. One God – all kinds of gifts, abilities, and awesomeness.
Here Paul addressed the variety of gifts and abilities within the church body. And I love that he points out the purpose of the many gifts – not for personal glory but for the “common good” (v 7).
• is individually gifted as God sees fit (v 11)
• has many parts working together (v 19)
• should not have division (v 25)
• should all care for one another (v 25)
• should suffer and rejoice together (v 26)
We are all different on purpose.