SEVEN TIPS FOR BIBLE STUDY
- Approach God’s Word with a desire to be taught by it (v 4).
Don’t approach Scripture trying to prove yourself right or thinking you already know all there is to know about a passage.
- Learn how to rightly use God’s Word (v 4).
As my husband says, “The right word at the right time in the right way.” This requires wisdom and discernment.
- Be in God’s Word consistently (v 4).
Morning by morning. It won’t happen accidentally.
- Embrace and obey the instruction and correction of God’s Word (v 5).
Remember the promise of Isaiah 48:18. Obedience brings peace like a river.
- Accept that some will ridicule and reject you because of your love for God’s Word (v 6).
They rejected Him. They’ll reject you. You’re in great company.
- Be absolutely committed to God’s Word (v 7).
Set your face like flint. Do not compromise. Do not doubt.
- Believe in the victory promised to you in God’s Word (v 7).
God is not just a promise maker. He is a promise keeper. Every word will come true.