There were a lot of wrong things going on among God’s people.
• pride and arrogance (v 9)
• did not turn to the Lord (v 13)
• the leaders were leading the people astray (v 16)
• everyone was godless, doing evil, and speaking disgraceful things (v 17)
• the needy were denied justice and orphans/widows were taken advantage of (v 10:2)
What we see is that arrogance and oppression was everywhere.
The Lord was angry and judgement came in a mighty way.
• the Lord stirs up enemies (v 11)
• the Lord’s hand is against them (v 12, 17, 21, 10:4)
• sudden judgement (v 14)
• the land is destroyed (v 19)
• the people turn on each other (v 19)
• the people are hungry and unsatisfied (v 20)
• punishment and ruin (v 10:3)
• no refuge (v 10:3)
• imprisonment and death (v 10:4)
Lord, give us eyes that see arrogance and oppression in ourselves and the world around us. May we be quick to repent and turn to you.