I don’t believe any word in Scripture is accidental. So, it always stands out to be when something is directed specifically at women.
This proverb begins by telling me that I have the power to build or tear down my household with my own hands. No pressure, y’all.
How we live matters. How we choose to speak makes a difference. When we love, serve, give, and forgive – these things reinforce the foundations of our homes.
HOW CAN I BUILD UP AND NOT TEAR DOWN MY OWN HOUSE?
• walk in uprightness (v 2)
• speak wisely (v 3)
• be truthful (v 5)
• seek knowledge (v 6)
• leave the presence of fools (v 7)
• give thought to my steps (v 15)
• turn away from evil (v 16)
• be generous to the poor (v 21)
• be hardworking (v 23)
• fear the Lord (v 26)
• be slow to anger (v 29)
• be content / don’t envy (v 30)
• be generous to the needy (v 31)
• act wisely (v 35)
Lord, help us build and not destroy.