Is there any pit worse than one you dug with your own hands? When you’ve made the same mistakes again? Done the thing you swore you’d never do?
This psalm has great news for those times when we find ourselves in a pit of our own making.
- The Lord can still hear us (v2).
- The Lord can still forgive us (v 4).
- The Word of the Lord is still our source of hope (v 5).
- The Lord’s love for us is still steadfast (v 7).
- The Lord’s redemption is still plentiful (v 7).
When you are in the depths and you think you deserve it, cry out to the Lord. His love for you hasn’t changed nor his ability to redeem.