The Lord is your keeper. This was an important reminder for the psalmist. Look at how often he repeats it.
• he who keeps (v 3)
• he who keeps (v 4)
• the Lord is your keeper (v 5)
• the Lord will keep you (v 7)
• he will keep your life (v 7)
• the Lord will keep your coming and going (v 8.)
👉 to keep: to watch over, guard, preserve, to be attentive
Then the psalmist tells who the Lord keeps and when he keeps them.
• The Lord keeps me (and you) specifically (v 3).
• The Lord keeps his people as a whole (v 4).
• The Lord keeps us when we need rest and relief (v 5).
• The Lord keeps us all day and all night (v 6).
• The Lord keeps us from evil (v 7).
• The Lord keeps us from death (v 7).
• The Lord keeps us during all the comings and goings of life (v 8.)
• The Lord keeps us forever (v 8.)