With most people’s anxiety levels at an all time high, I love that the first word of our first Psalm is blessed or happy. Couldn’t we all use a little more happy?
- Do not follow the advice and ways of the wicked.
- Do not align yourself or take a stand with sinners.
- Do not keep company or be associated with scoffers other cynics.
- Do find your delight in God’s Word.
- Do meditate and dwell on God’s Word.
When you feel anxious – stop immediately and ask yourself – “What was I just thinking about that made me feel that way?” For me, it’s often circumstances I can’t change or problems I can’t fix.
And just look at the results of changing what we delight in and dwell upon.
- Fertile ground which means growth and new life.
- Fruitfulness which means productivity and purpose.
- Flourishing which means more than enough life and vitality.
- Favorable outcomes in life and relationships (See also Joshua 1:8.)
Imagine if those four things were present in your life – wouldn’t you be happy??