Today, we are going old school Scripture. If you’re feeling a little uncertain – a little unsteady – a little unsure – Psalm 23 holds 6 precious promises for those who follow the Lord.
- The Lord promises provision (vs 1.) We shall not be “in want.” We shall not lack. Psalm 34:10 reiterates that those who seek the Lord “lack no good thing.”
- The Lord promises peace (vs 2.) Not panic. Not chaos. Not uncertainty. Peace. Isaiah 26:3 promises “perfect peace” for those who trust in Him.
- The Lord promises His presence (vs 4.) No matter the trial. No matter the devastation. We are never alone. He has promised to never leave or forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:6.)
- The Lord promises His protection (vs 4.) The rod and staff were used for guidance and discipline, but also protection. Speaking to the Thessalonians, Paul told them that the Lord would “guard them against the evil one.”
- The Lord gives the promise of victory (vs 5.) The table referenced here is a celebratory meal. God will save His people from the enemy (Psalm 44:7.)
- The Lord promises paradise (vs 6.) This thing doesn’t end here. There is a glory that awaits us. Soon and very soon.