I’ve got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart. Where?
That’s a good question, isn’t it? Where is the joy? Are you in a bit of a rut or just feeling kind of blah? Make sure one of these joy takers hasn’t made themselves at home in your guest room.
- Comparison Don’t compare your “real life” to someone else’s “online life.” Everyone has dirty toilets and bad hair days – we just don’t post about it on Facebook.
- Worry This, my friends, is a choice. It’s not always an easy one, but it is a choice. Do you want to know how I know? Because the Lord said not to do it.
- Failing to Rest Your bodies, minds and souls need to unplug. Get offline. Go sit on a porch swing. Lay down in the grass and stare at the sky. Breathe deep.
- Focusing on the World This world is not home. Do not put your hope in what it promises. Do not seek approval or self worth from it.
- Neglecting His Word Jeremiah 15:16. His Word is a JOY!
- Messed up Priorities Kids trump a clean house – every time! Play hide and seek. Play outside with the water hose.
- Insecurity People are not looking at you, thinking about you, talking about you, etc. nearly as much as you think they are.
2 thoughts on “7 Joy Takers”
I hadn’t thought of these things as reasons I am missing joy in my life. I struggle with all of these joy takers. Thanks for sharing this.
I think these are excellent reminders, thanks for sharing.