I worry about big things like what kind of world my kids will have to live in when they are older. I worry about little things like what my kids will be for Halloween or if my almost 3 year old will ever be potty trained.
Some of us are certainly prone to worry, aren’t we? Please tell me I am not alone in this.
Have you ever wondered what God has to say about this human tendency? You probably know the answer, but let’s listen anyway.
So, what does God say about worry?
What I Read:
Matthew 6 / Luke 12
What He Said:
If we read God’s Word carefully and listen intently, we will find that God certainly has a Word for us on the subject of worrying. And that word is:
- Don’t worry about what you will eat (Matthew 6:25.)
- Don’t worry about what you will drink (Matthew 6:25.)
- Don’t worry about what you will wear (Matthew 6:25.)
- Don’t worry about your life at all (Matthew 6:25.)
- Don’t worry about the future (Matthew 6:34.)
- Don’t worry about what to say to those who oppose you (Matthew 10:19.)
- Don’t worry about defending yourself when you stand for Him (Luke 12:11.)
I think God is pretty clear on this subject, don’t you? Big thing. Little things. Family issues. World issues. Heart issues. He has it all under control and we add nothing helpful when we worry.
This post is part of a 31 Day series. Read the first post here.